Learn more about Data and Security at the IoT Midlands meet-upMember News
The WMG SME Group is holding its 12th IoT Midlands meet-up on 12th July 2016. Our informal 'Show and Tell' Meetups feature short talks from those innovating with IoT applicable technologies in the Manufacturing sector. The aim is to build a community of like-minded organisations willing to collaborate, explore and innovate with IoT products, services and applications.
July's event will focus on all things data and security this time.
Speakers confirmed so far:
- Steve Robbins, MD of Kairos CyberTec Ltd: "Why we need to secure data in transmission"
- Hugh Boyes, Principal Fellow at Cyber Security Centre, WMG: "Introducing PETRAS: the UK's IoT cybersecurity research hub"
- Craig Heath, Working Group Chair, IoT Security Foundation: Helping IoT Suppliers and Vendors do Security Right".
As well as hearing from the speakers, you'll be able to network and talk to the hosts - the SME Group at WMG.
We are also offering the chance for any attendee to do a lightning talk at this event - 1 slide and 1 minute on any IoT related subject. Plug your product, ask for help or try to recruit expertise - anything goes. Just get in touch if this may be of interest to you.
We would also like to have further 'table top' demonstrations of projects that people in the group are working on - if you are interested in demonstrating your project, please get in touch through this group.
Many thanks to Withers & Rogers for sponsoring the drinks.
Timetable (all timings are approximate):
- 6.30pm - Open for food and networking
- 7.00pm - Speakers
- 8.00pm - More food and networking
- 9.30pm - Close